Saturday, February 16, 2013

The irony that I'm starting a blog titled Marcia's Monday Musings on a Sunday is not lost on me. I'm starting this with the idea that I will write regularly, at least once a week, preferably on a Monday. Plus, I'm a sucker for alliteration, and the letter M. And while writing once a week is not lofty goals for most, I like to set the bar low.

I'm sort of kidding.

I'm not a writer, but I love them. I truly think they are the most interesting people in the world. And all kinds of them, too. Sitcom writers to sportswriters. Columnists to comedians. Novelists to newsmen. And Aaron Sorkin. I love Aaron Sorkin.

And you too, bloggers. You get a bad rep.

Anyway, I just thought it was a great skill to hone, and I think I'm going to give it a try. I'm sure you'll see a lot of sports here. For those who know me, I'm pretty sports-obsessed, but not athletic in any conceivable way (and I just discovered unathletic isn't a word. Learning stuff already). I don't like all sports. I love baseball (Yankees) college football and basketball (Gators), and have jumped on the Brooklyn Nets bandwagon.

I also live in Brooklyn, and have a huge issue with hipsters. Especially hipsters in Nets jerseys. I hate hipsters in Nets jerseys.

This is where I plan to start keeping track of it all. I bartend in New York City, which comes with it's own set of stories. This blog is really for me. But I'll be happy if anyone cares to come along.

I will try to keep the complaining about the three-year-old upstairs who sounds like he wears cement booties and runs around all day in a kind of morse code iambic pentameter to a  minimum.

Hoping to start in earnest tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment